Reasons To Hire Me:
- I know my business. My business is about educating, advising, guiding, and negotiating for people, not real estate. Dirt is scarce but people put the value on the dirt. Your goals include closing a chapter and starting a new one without carrying issues from the current chapter with you. You can trust my business awareness will give you an advantage. Whether you are a first-time seller, an experienced seller, a buyer, a move-up buyer, an investor, or re-entering the market after years of non-ownership, a certain amount of education will be beneficial. My business is to help you perform your legal rights and duties during the sale of your dirt, to protect your money and interests, to negotiate for your desired position, and to manage all parties to a successful close. The education I provide will mitigate your risks and greatly increase the chance of a positive outcome.
- I know how and where to find buyers. Over 85% of all residential real estate is sold through my licensed colleagues and connections with other brokers. You only need one buyer to meet your goal. My marketing focuses on agents, neighbors, and Open Houses. While an Open House may seem self-serving, remember that you only need one buyer and if my job is to expose your house to the market, an Open House is a great tool. I won’t stop looking for that buyer until escrow closes. You are hiring a Masters Club Broker with good team members who increase your home’s exposure. Good agents flock together and bad agents get eliminated from the rolls.
- I know how to make things happen. Difficult and unique situations arise when people are involved. Leverage and ‘contingency plans’ are living organisms that are constantly discussed, used, and refined throughout the listing, negotiation and escrow processes. In the rare case when inactivity becomes a benefit, we will have already discussed it and considered the consequences of the inaction. More often than not, my job is to make processes move along more easily. Contingency planning and education are important elements to help understand and mitigate the risks in action and inaction. This is why choosing a great team is a very important part of the process. Trust my experience with this critical process. It may cost you a little more than a discount broker would charge but “you get what you pay for”.
- I know how to negotiate a contract that CAN close. There is a big difference between “demand” and “worthy demand”. When buyers make offers on your listing [that is appropriately priced], certain terms and supporting documents are necessary to justify and prove the buyers’ ability to finish the deal (“close”). For example, if your buyer makes an all-cash offer, they will need to prove they have sufficient cash. If your buyer requires a loan, their approval process should have already started and yielded a pre-approval letter from the lender. The offer you accept has to meet your terms (or is close enough) AND the buyer must prove they are able to perform to the letter of their offer. These are obvious focus areas but there are many more that can be “hidden” in the offer. My experience as a contract negotiator in the corporate world benefits you. Having reached President’s Club for Weichert, REALTORS@ in 2015, (http://bit.ly/1rrq1dY) you have made a wise decision by hiring me and my team.
- I know how to manage a transaction that WILL close. We have proven your buyer is qualified and motivated. The appraisal is done and “in agreement”. The buyers’ inspection reports are neither long nor full of future issues. And yet most sellers don’t know who is still at risk. The transaction is always at risk of falling apart until the minute it records at the County office. That means the principles in the transaction, the seller and the buyer, are either moving forward blindly or in full awareness of the constant risk. Each principle has contractual rights and required duties to perform. I know how to advise you at every moment and how to mitigate your risks through diligence and forethought. The ‘contingency plans’ have to adhere to the Escrow timeline. That clock doesn’t stop or wait but the principals can agree to extend milestones and deadlines. Remember, President’s Club means we’ve overcome many hiccups in many escrows. And most of my business still comes from past clients and referrals (over 70%). Hiccups happen and we get through them.
- I know real estate law, principles, and practices. Long before you put a sign in your yard, you will get an appropriate education on the legal issues, consequences, and risks in selling your home. You have legal duties to perform and they must be done with precision and transparency. Your buyer has duties to perform and you will understand your rights in response to the buyers’ requests. As with most commodity sales, the sellers’ risks can be mitigated through some simple yet priceless actions. The law can be your friend. (I’M NOT A LAWYER). Both principals have the right to seek legal counsel as I am not a lawyer. But your risks and leverage are, must be, supported by California real estate law. The California Association of REALTORS (CAR) provides me with access to legal counsel by phone and my broker, Steve Galster, is one of the best brokers I know.
- I am a full-time, career professional. You deserve an advisor who is available. This is not a hobby and you will get the communication, attention, and action necessary to make the experience smooth and fun. Yes, I said fun. Would you hire a part-time lawyer, inspector, or lender? Would you hire an agent who has a different day-job? I am laser-focused on you and your goal. And my team knows that focus must be a team focus.
- I back my work with a written guarantee. I will understand and meet your expectations. I will make sure you understand the processes before you must. I will answer or return your calls promptly. I will be your connection to relevant services. I will keep you informed at all times. I will treat your goals and needs above all others. I will do all I can to simplify the process and “Wow” you.
- I am honest and ethical. You are hiring a REALTOR®. The NAR Business Code of Ethics (http://bit.ly/1wnWixZ) drives my actions. The Code is good business. Beyond being a REALTOR, I am a Broker, a college graduate (Business/Finance), a recovering geek, a Weichert President’s Club achiever, and a Life Member of the Masters Club. Above all, I am here to serve you.
- If you are a Veteran (honorably), I make a further commitment to you and your family: Vet’s Bonus (http://bit.ly/1T4qtoZ) – I thank you for making this the greatest Country on the planet.
|This page will link to a lot of tools and professionals. My Gold Team is a group of professionals who past clients and/or I have hired to give great service. Your best experience is based on a Concierge model to ensure satisfaction. The Toolkit links will help you whether you are considering the sale of your home or buying another. The change in ownership in California can be complex and stressful or smooth and quiet. How would your experience be successful? To whom do you refer people when they ask for a contractor, a title officer, or any other service professional in our area? These are the professionals I consider worthy of being on my Gold Services Team. They are honest and capable or they don’t stay on this list. Please let me know how they treat you. You must verify their current credentials. Tell them I sent you.|
|Mortgage Lender||Summit Funding — Chris Stahl — (916) 768-8000|
|Mortgage Lender||U.S. Bank — Scott Muller — (916) 793-5638|
|Mortgage Lender||Coastal Pacific — David Boliard — (916) 844-1292|
|Mortgage Lender||Chase — Rosemary Batarseh — (916) 417-1492|
|Movers||California Moving Systems – Judy Little – (916) 834-9286|
|Investment Advisor||Edward Jones — Ben Bolton — (916) 967-0700|
|Investment Advisor||Citi Smith Barney — Steve Brown — (916) 984-3333|
|CPA / EA||James Bralley EA, CPA — (916) 241-9392|
|Appraiser||Lundquist Company — Ryan Lundquist — (916) 595-3735|
|Concrete / Masonry||Fotofili Concrete — Moni Fotofili — (916) 475-9072|
|HVAC Specialist||Capital Renovation – Mark Crosby – (916) 501-6209 (General Contractor)|
|General Contractor||Zumwalt and Associates – John Zumwalt – (916) 501-6209|
|HVAC Specialist||Fox Family Heating & Air – (916) 877-1577|
|Handyman / Painter||Keenan Painting — John Keenan— (916) 384-6570|
|House Cleaner||The Maids (Folsom, Fair Oaks, etc) — (800) 843-6243|
|Carpet Cleaner||Fairest of All – Rick Fairall – (916) 987-1430|
|Gutter and Window Cleaner||Second Nature (Jordan Rogers) – 916-622-5070|
|Window Cleaner||Squeegee Brothers – 916-295-0269|
|Flooring||RCO Outlet — Ken Simas — (916) 728-4000|
|Flooring and Paint||American River Flooring and Painting — Don Shannon — (916) 961-6100|
|Plumber||A and R Plumbing – (916) 223-1710|
|Pool / Spa Service||Leisure Time Pools — Jerry Houseman — (916) 638-4100|
|Landscaping||Waterless Landscaping – Mike Neeley – (916) 952-5653|
|Landscape Maint.||Green Elements — Brad Fitzpatrick — (916) 689-6831|
|Home/Pest Inspector||North American Home Services — (916) 481-0268|
|Home/Pest/Roof Inspector||CalPro Home Solutions — (800) 474-3540|
|Home Inspector||Frye Home Inspections — Chris Frye — (916) 519-0856|
|Pest/Termite Inspector||United Termite & Home Services — Paul Amaro — (916) 265-5300|
|Roof Inspector||Roof Doctors — (916) 721-6130|
|Locksmith||Karl The Key Man — (916) 233-8714|
|Attorney (RE)||Happe Reid — Tyler Happe — (916) 436-5204|
|Attorney (RE)||BPE Law — Stephen Beede — (916) 966-2260|
|Attorney (Estate)||Tim Murphy Law — Tim Murphy — (916) 437-3500|
|Chimneys / Gutters||Chim Chimney— Karla Swanson — (916) 387-5000|
|1031 Intermediary||Asset Preservation — Bill Angove — (916) 831-1031|
|Garage Doors||Local Garage Doors — (866) 337-1631|
|Janitorial||Bulldog Janitorial — Erika Terreros— (650) 270-9044|
|Casual Dining (F.O.)||Joe’s Café — Jack and Allison — (916) 966-6681|
|Casual Dining (Folsom)||Hop Sing Palace — (916) 985-7309|
|Fine Dining (Rocklin)||The Chef’s Table — Jon Irwin — (916) 771-5656|
|Fine Dining (Folsom)||Prohibition Wine Lounge — (916) 293-9070|
|Workforce Staffing||SearchPros — Myla or Rayna or Heather — (916) 721-6000|
|Advertising (Radio)||iHeart (Clear Channel) — Lori Grbac — (916) 257-7241|
|Engineering||JTS Engineering — Javed Siddiqui, PE — (916) 441-6708|
|Catering||Togo’s 8053 Greenback — Victoria Ridge — (916) 723-4413|
|Orthodontist||Daft and Stamos — (916) 966-1751|
|Escrow / Title||Placer Title — Patty Goettsch — (916) 966-8934|
|Property Management||Investors Choice PM — Thomas and Alli Martin — 916-770-9707|
|Flowers||The Flower Shop (Madison Ave. at Kenneth) — (916) 535-0581|
|Automotive (Tires)||The Tire Dealer (Fair Oaks) — (916) 534-7908|
|Printer / Mailer||A-Applied Mailing — Ray Riehle — (916) 721-7162|
|Credit Service||Blue Water Credit — Jeff Sipes — (916) 315-9190|
|Photographer||Digital Science — Karl Vostrez — (916) 628-9618|
|Electrician||Keenan Construction — Justin — (916) 833-6122|
|Orthodontics||DeLurgio & Blom — Andrea Eisenman — (916) 297-4984|
|These links are good additions to any toolkit.|
Build great relationships with people so that I am trusted with their referrals.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
June 1989 – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Finance Concentration
Advanced Systems Integrator | Electronic Data Systems
1989 – 1997
|Business Architect | Intel, Inc.
1998 – 2007
|Real Estate Broker (CalBRE #01788488) | Self
2008 – present
|Knowledge and Skills